What do I need to do to book an inspection?
- Simply click the “book an inspection” link on the home page or call us to arrange an inspection
- Contact the Real Estate Agent to arrange a suitable inspection time for access to the property. Allow 1 hour for inspection.
- Inspections are carried out Monday to Friday 9-5pm
- We will then send you a Client Agreement to look through and complete.
What areas do you inspect?
All accessible areas of the property. Interior, exterior, general site inspection roof interior, roof exterior and sub-floor. If you have a particular area of concern we are happy to inspect at no additional cost.
- Interior – ceilings, floors, walls, windows, doors, tiles.
- Kitchen & Bathroom – taps, sinks, toilets, tiles, screens.
- Exterior of building – walls, cladding, doors, windows, stairs.
- Decks, pergolas, balconies, awnings.
- Roof Exterior – flashing, gutters, downpipes, chimneys, skylights, vents, flues, eaves, fascia & barges
- Roof interior - framing, sarking, insulation, flashing.
- Site - Paths, driveways, steps, surface water drainage
What areas are not covered in the inspection?
Areas of inspection are limited to areas where full visual inspection and access is possible. For example if there is no access to sub-floor, an inspection of this area cannot be completed.
How much does an inspection cost?
Cost for a standard comprehensive Building Pre-purchase Inspection for a house or apartment, including a full detailed report and photos of defects/areas of concern is $500 plus GST.
What if there are potential problems with the property?
Sometimes problems or potential issues are identified by the inspector. If requested, Sven is able to supply you with estimates for potential repairs or renovations. This will give you the necessary information, to make an informed decision about the property.
What if I don’t understand something in the report?
Contact Sven and he will guide you through any matters of concern.